Saturday, March 14, 2009

She's walking!

She's still very unstable and has to be in the right mood, but she definitely gets better and more confident every day. She'll be 11 months on Monday. I brought her to the park yesterday and she was walking all over the place. Of course I got all teary because I was so proud. It's such a silly thing to be proud of, I know, but I couldn't help myself. She is also saying, "Up!" with a lot of clarity so I think I'll count that as her first real word (other than mamamamamama).

I know it's been a while since a post, but Annika has literally been sick for a month. Cold, stomach virus, allergy outbreak, another cold and then pink eye. She's also getting her top teeth so...needless to say, we've been a bit tired. Annika isn't bothered by any of it and goes along playing like she's perfectly fine until the middle of the night when she remembers that she is sick and wants Mama and only Mama.

The funniest part of all the sickness was all of the compliments we got at the doctor's office. Even covered in a head to toe rash, with big, red swollen ears, and red eyes with pus coming out, people would stop to comment on how good/cute/calm/curious/adorable/easy-going she was. We feel really blessed to have such a happy, good-natured baby. I tell people that she looks like me, but she's got her daddy's personality. :)

This is a video Steve took with his phone - I'll try to post another one soon.

3 comments:

Sharon & Jacob said...

YEA ANNIKA!! Such a big girl now! Ahh I wish we could get the girls together and play. Reece would love to play with her. Miss you guys.

Megan Sterngold said...

Oh my goodness!! So exciting and so cute!

Unknown said...

Already walking?!! I love the video, she's just too cute, can't wait to see you guys in just a few short weeks!