Sunday, May 30, 2010

Our Little Talker



Every day I am amazed by how much Annika says. People keep telling me to write it all down but I think everything she says is funny so I'd be writing things down all day long. She's able to hold conversations now and can even retell the events of the day to me when I pick her up or to Daddy when he gets home. Here are a few things I did write down:

Steve: "Annika, do you want anything from the store?"
A: "A baby sister"

In the elevator with the light out - "It's so dark I can't see my eyeballs."

After taking a pen and a calculator out of the desk drawer - "I got to do my grading."

She's very into having the whole family play marching band so when we all had our instruments-
A: "Let's find the perfect spot."
Steve: "How about the couch?"
A: "What a good idea Daddy."
Then sits on the couch with her drum and says, "Okay. Take it away!"

We are still working on the potty training. She went for the first time on a public potty at a restaurant, she stayed dry during a nap, and she told me she had to go a few times. I think I'm pretty close to getting rid of the diapers for good (except for night).

She still loves her books and is starting to recognize a few letters and numbers. She can sing tons of songs and unfortunately for me, she knows the difference between "Ani's music" and "Mommy's music." She knows all of her colors and most of her shapes. Her memory is so amazing! We were looking at a Mickey coloring book and I said, "I can't remember the elephant's name," and she says, "Lumpy!" His name is in a different Mickey book that we had read maybe three times. Steve and I are constantly trying to think of ways to stay one step ahead of her but she outsmarts us most of the time. At bedtime I said, "One more book," so not only does she pick her huge Mother Goose book but then says, "I read it" so she can slowly turn the pages one by one. Even though times like this try my patience, they really fill me with pride. Most of the time I just laugh and wait and see what she'll come up with next. :)

No comments: