We had a fun visit with Tammy, Karey and Chris. It was nice to have company during the day. I'll post pics soon.
I met with a lactation consultant today in hopes that I will stop worrying about Annika's weight. It went really well. They weighed her before and after the feed and she gained 3 ounces like she was supposed to. I had the right latch and she said she just isn't a vigorous sucker. I got some great tips from her to help with gas and bottles and night feedings and such. The Dr. Sears website says Annika is a "Banana Baby." She is a hypermetabolizer so she grows more quickly in height than weight (the opposite would be an apple or pear baby). These babies normally plot above average in height (is 95 percentile high enough?) and below average in weight on the growth chart. She can thank her heredity for this body type. He also says that active babies burn more calories and she is definitely active! She has been a mover since her 12 week ultrasound. So...I guess I will finally relax about the weight and try to enjoy the feedings knowing she'll probably love her tall, skinny genes when she's older.
1 comment:
Can my special name for her be Anna-Banana? (say like Ah-na Bah-nah-na) or do I have to stick with Lady Bug?
Post a Comment