Friday, June 20, 2008

Poor Baby!




It's been a while since my last post. Annika had a stomach virus last week so it was 4 days of vomiting followed by 4 days of diarrhea. Surprisingly, I only cried a few times. Who knew such a tiny baby could produce so much vomit! She was too sick for her 2 month shots so we went back today to get them. Just as she was feeling better, she got shots to make her sick again - poor thing. She screamed her little head off! She now weighs 10lbs 3oz and is 24 inches long (when I measured her when she was all stretched out I got 26 inches) so that's 25th percentile for weight and either 75th or 95th for height. She is a long, skinny baby!!! I have been worried about her weight since she was born but my doc keeps telling me she's perfect. She meets all 2 month milestones - holding her head, smiling, blah, blah, blah.

We spent Father's Day with the crazy Richters and of course Super Dad Steve held Annika all through dinner so I could eat with everyone. I tried to explain that it was Father's Day and he was supposed to relax but anyone that knows Steve, knows he insisted! Annika is one lucky little girl to have such an amazing dad. He does everything from diapers and baths to cleaning and dishes. My favorite part is that he takes over when he gets home from work so I can take a break and shower. Of course I knew Steve would be a great dad but he exceeds my expectations daily!

We also enjoyed a quick visit from Nana. I had to pack up my classroom since I'll be working part time at a different school next year. (A 40% Job Share where I'll teach 5th grade on Mondays and Tuesdays.) Nana and Aunt Jeannie were nice enough to babysit so I could get work done!

Aunt Tammy, Aunt Karey and Uncle Chris come to meet Annika tomorrow! We're excited!

3 comments:

Janelle Byer said...

Awwww, Jen! You made me choke up when you said all those nice things about Steve. What an amazing dad he is! We truly can NOT wait to meet her. Trent made our screen saver a picture of Annika. She is sooo beautiful with those big blue eyes of hers=)

Unknown said...

Look at that kid's femers! They're so looooong!

Sharon & Jacob said...

How does she sleep like that? She's definitely a sound sleeper.