Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July!


Thursday and Friday were busy days! Thursday I went to Day One (a place for moms and babies and stuff) to weigh Annika b/c it had been a week since I met with the lactation consultant. Annika gained 9 ounces in a week which was great news. I had planned on joining a mommy group but of course I could not find a parking spot so I thought 20 minutes late was too late to join in. Little did I know, they always start late. Apparently I'm not the only mom who is now late to everything! I am definitely going to a class when we get back from our trip! A bunch of moms sitting in a circle holding their babies looked like a blast to me and the sad thing is I'm being dead serious. I was so jealous looking through the window...

After Day One, we headed to JC Penny's to get Annika's portraits taken. Am I an official lame mom now or what? Of course the free portraits cost me a ton of money and the pictures aren't even that great. I'm too embarrassed to say how much I spent! I'll post the pics when I get them.

On Friday we headed down to a 4th of July party/BBQ at my cousin Scott's house. It was really warm (a nice change from freezing cold SF) and a lot of fun. We made a "feed stop" at Aunt Jeannie and Uncle Wells' house and then headed home. We were all soooo tired!

There won't be any posts for a while as we're headed down to So Cal tomorrow to visit family and friends. I'm not sure if we're crazy to drive 7 hours with an 11 week old baby. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen, you sound like a great mom. I totally relate to everything you are saying. you wont always be late to everything. Annika will nurse less in just a couple of months and things get a lot easier. It will almost make you think your ready to have another one. But, watch out you may end up with and 8 month old and another pregnancy like me. Join that Mommy group because it will make you feel so normal and you will make great friends. Take care. Hope to see you when you are here in the SoCal. -Terra