Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!





We had a great time in Huntington Beach at Gammie and Papa's house. Of course I didn't take any pictures so I stole these from Aunt Janelle's Facebook page. We had very peaceful drives both ways each time leaving at 6:30pm and arriving at 12:30am. The only problem was that Annika thought it was morning when we got there (both times) and started saying, "Pancakes!" She eventually fell back asleep around 2:00am (both times). That's a little hard when Steve and I are both so ready to crash, but I still think it's the best way to travel with her. We had a spaghetti dinner on Wednesday night with The Wolskys and The Byers and then a traditional Thanksgiving on Thursday. Yummy! It was so warm (high 70's on Wed. and Thurs.) and Annika loved being able to walk outside in Gammie and Papa's front and back yard. She also loved their neighborhood park and even said, "It's quiet" as we were walking. She is such a city girl but loved her visit to the suburbs! Gammie and Papa also have tons of toys and there were so many new things for her to explore. Annika is such a happy, smart, talkative, adorable child. We have so much to be thankful for and we are truly blessed!

No comments: