We had a very relaxing Halloween. Annika slept until 10:00am (she would have slept longer but I woke her up when I went in her room to check on her). I was a bit nervous because she has never slept that late, but she was fine, just resting up for her big night (evening) of trick-or-treating. We headed out around 4:30. We thought it was too early but it ended up being perfect. Some local businesses were handing out candy so Annika got to trick-or-treat on our walk down to Muni. She rode Muni for the first time and seemed to like it. It was very crowded so she had a lot to look at. We got to our destination (Belvedere Street in Cole Valley) a little after 5:00 and it was great. Mostly toddlers and not very crowded since it wasn't dark. We headed home about 6:30 and by that time the street was so packed it was hard for Annika to get up to the houses to get candy. It's nice because the home owners come down to the bottom of the steps so the kids don't have to climb up the stairs. They decorate the houses with elaborate decorations and have HUGE tubs of candy. We got home and Annika had her bath and went right to bed. Steve and I rented a movie and ate popcorn and almost all of Annika's candy. We were pretty happy with most of her choices. :)
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Halloween
We had a very relaxing Halloween. Annika slept until 10:00am (she would have slept longer but I woke her up when I went in her room to check on her). I was a bit nervous because she has never slept that late, but she was fine, just resting up for her big night (evening) of trick-or-treating. We headed out around 4:30. We thought it was too early but it ended up being perfect. Some local businesses were handing out candy so Annika got to trick-or-treat on our walk down to Muni. She rode Muni for the first time and seemed to like it. It was very crowded so she had a lot to look at. We got to our destination (Belvedere Street in Cole Valley) a little after 5:00 and it was great. Mostly toddlers and not very crowded since it wasn't dark. We headed home about 6:30 and by that time the street was so packed it was hard for Annika to get up to the houses to get candy. It's nice because the home owners come down to the bottom of the steps so the kids don't have to climb up the stairs. They decorate the houses with elaborate decorations and have HUGE tubs of candy. We got home and Annika had her bath and went right to bed. Steve and I rented a movie and ate popcorn and almost all of Annika's candy. We were pretty happy with most of her choices. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How fun! She is such a cute monkey. I love seeing the toddlers dressed up, they're so cute.
ALL of these are too cute! Love that her bag is as big as she is (more candy for Mommy & Daddy??), that baby had to go with her, and the videos are great.
Post a Comment