Saturday, October 30, 2010

Princess

Annika has worn her princess dress and accessories for the last three days in a row. She does NOT want to take it off! Yesterday we finally had a reason to wear it, and headed to a neighborhood that has a parade for kids and the stores all give out candy. Annika wasn't sure what to think at first and then she discovered M&Ms. After that, it was "TRICK OR TREAT" in a big voice. We have a different princess costume for her to wear tomorrow, but we may just stick with Cinderella since she loves it so much. She is very into the whole "boy vs. girl" thing. I'm not sure where it's all coming from. Girls have to be princesses and boys have to be scarecrows or whatever. Every time I tell her I have her baby brother in my tummy, she says she has her baby SISTER in HER tummy. It's pretty funny.

On a different note...we've moved. We are now in a house and I love it. Annika has done pretty well in her big girl bed. She's been waking up one or two times at night and wants us to lay with her but I think that will pass when she gets more comfortable with all of the new stuff. She did fall out once despite the rails that we have which scared her and me. She was fine and fell right back asleep when I picked her up and put her back in. I think she likes the new house but has said, "We need to take all our stuff back to our house," and "I like the other house better. This one is really tricky."

2 comments:

Sarah Byer said...

Absolutely my favorite picture of Annika (yet). Love the socks:)

Sharon & Jacob said...

Reece is going to be a princess too! How cute. Reece loves Cinderella too. We got a borrowed Sleeping Beauty dress and Reece has worn it multiple times, dancing and prancing around the house. Post some pictures of the house when you're all setup, I wanna see.