Tam and Kar arrived early afternoon on Christmas Eve. We had munchies (meatballs, dip, veggies, ect.) for lunch and the soup for dinner. We put out cookies and milk for Santa and carrots for the reindeer and Ani was off to bed so we could set out all of the presents. She slept in until 8:30 Christmas morning. She was excited about all of the stuff in her stocking and of course the dollhouse (which we decided to wrap at the last minute). Steve made a big breakfast of pancakes, eggs and bacon so we took a break to eat and then it was back to presents. Tam and Kar made sugar cookies which I insisted they do even though I discovered I had no rolling pin and the cookie sheet did not fit in our oven. They still came out delicious and are already gone. We had dinner around 5:00 and everyone seemed to think I did a good job for my first time. Sunday was pretty mellow as I was super tired and Ani was also overly tired and in the mood to throw tantrums, but we had a nice dinner out Sunday night to complete our weekend of non-stop eating. I have already gone crazy twice trying to find missing new toys but luckily I found them before completely losing it. Tiny dollhouse baby was in Ani's drawer and angel was behind the curtain behind the Christmas tree. If only I could let these things go. I'm blaming it on the pregnancy hormones. I can't believe we only have 7 weeks until "Baby Brother" arrives. We got so much great stuff for him for Christmas. We are so thankful for our loving, supportive families. :)
| The night before... |
| She started playing with it right away. Yes, it's taller than Ani. |
| Barbie from Uncle Chris was a big hit |
| Little People Nativity from Grandpa and Grandma |
| Finger Paints were in Ani's stocking |
| Helping Aunt Tammy and Aunt Karey make sugar cookies |
| My first Christmas table ever (and the first time we've used our wedding China) |
| The first Christmas dinner I've ever made |
2 comments:
Guess this means you are really a grown-up now?? Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas and everyone had a great time - especially Ani:) Nice job!
The dinner looked yummy Jen! Glad you guys had a great Christmas. :)
Post a Comment