Saturday, March 13, 2010

Chatterbox

I wanted to record some of the things Annika has been saying since I use this like an electronic baby book. (I am really bad about recording things in her actual baby book.) She talks so much and we can even have conversations with her. Yesterday I tried to write down things she was saying:

"I get your cookie Mommy. One minute. I go get it. It's right here."

While drawing..."It's round like a circle. That's a donut. Do you like donuts Mommy?"

A: "Mommy help clean up."
Me: "Did you pee on the couch?"
A: "No. I pee on the carpet."

"Baby crying. Baby choking. Baby need some Coke."

"Drink your tea. Feel better. Be careful. Don't burn your mouth."

"Be careful. There's pumas in the hallway."

She's also learned to answer the phone. Yesterday I saw it was Steve so I let her answer...
A: Hello
S: Who's this?
A: Annika
S: What are you doing?
A: Making donuts.
S: Daddy's on his way home.
A: Oh. See you soon.

All this and she's not even two! We are so amazed by her and just love her so much.


As for the potty training update, things are going really well. Brenda put her in pants with nothing underneath and she stayed dry all day both days. I could not believe it. She still has accidents at home, but yesterday we had an accident free day. She's also getting better about going on her own but I still remind her ALL of the time to go sit on the potty.

2 comments:

hsiaolei and scott said...

So cute! Do you guys feed her donuts al the time or what? :)

Sarah Byer said...

Pumas?? That's hysterical!! The statement is funny, that she knows "puma" is even better. SUCH a smart kid!