Thursday, March 4, 2010

Potty Training Day One


We officially started potty training today and it was a big success! After reading a bit, I decided on the "naked from the waist down" strategy. Apparently lots of kids think underwear feels like a diaper so they'll still pee in it. After a few days, we'll try underwear, but for now it's "nake nake" while we're at home. The only thing I didn't consider was that Annika would want Mommy to be naked from the waist down too! Sooo...we cranked up the heat and spent the day half naked. W0w - the things we do as moms! At least I got to wear a long sweatshirt. :) Annika went pee-pee 5 times in the potty and poo-poo once (this was the first time she has ever pooped in the potty). We called Dora and Diego and they were very proud. She only went once on the carpet all day. She went in her room to get something and was in there a bit too long. I think only one accident on the first day is really good. Tomorrow we'll go out for the first time without a diaper (just loose pants with nothing underneath). Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Sharon & Jacob said...

That is awesome for the first day!! GO ANNIKA!!

Megan Sterngold said...

Great job Annika and mama!! Love the no pants policy.